2012 – 2020
Amanda McKay, Library Director
2011 Board of Trustees:
Charlie Bovard, President
John Latta, Vice President
Jane Wise, Secretary
Racheal Fearday, Treasurer
Mission: The Helen Matthes Library provides community engagement and life-long learning through literature, technology, and information access.
Vision: The Helen Matthes Library empowers individuals and enriches the community.
Values: Culture, Technology, Service
A. Provide exceptional library service
- Provide education and training opportunities for staff.
- Provide a facility that meets the community’s needs.
- Market our services.
B. Increase access to technology
- Increase self-sufficiency of patrons through technology to allow staff to provide more specialized assistance.
- Leverage grant dollars to continue to be good stewards of the community’s resources.
C. Develop partnerships to enhance library service
- Expand outreach and strategic partnership opportunities to better leverage our services.
- Become an incubator for ideas and development in the community.
D. Integrate with schools
- Integrate with schools to provide literacy development.
- Seek partnerships with higher education.
E. Expand our service area
- Explore the variety of options of expanding our service area.