LIBRARY ON THE GO
The Helen Matthes Library is pleased to offer items for download on a variety of devices, including PCs, Macs, iPods, MP3 players, Kindles, and Nooks, to name a few. Items are located in LibraryOnTheGo, the portal to access downloadable material such as eBooks, audiobooks, music and videos.
Tutorials have been created to help walk you through the Library On the Go process of downloading e-materials. Click on the appropriate link below for your device. Please note that this service is available to Helen Matthes Library card holders only (scroll down for websites with free e-materials for everyone).
Another option available for downloading eBooks! 3M is has the capability to automatically sync so that you can read on multiple devices. Start reading on your iPad and pick up later and read on your phone – right where you’ve left off. Visit the 3M Cloud Library website to find the app for you. You can even install the app on your computer! Need some help? Try these instructions or stop by the Information Desk to get some on-on-one help. Please note that this service is available to Helen Matthes Library card holders only (scroll down for websites with free e-materials for everyone).
ZINIO – DIGITAL MAGAZINES
View full copies of your favorite digital magazine! You’ll see the same print magazine that is available in the store with some added features like video, audio, and live links. Enjoy unlimited simultaneous access to any magazine. Download magazines to your favorite device to read offline or read while streaming. Please note that this service is available to Helen Matthes Library card holders only
1. Create a Zinio reader account using your browser. (Don’t use the app yet.)
2. Create a Zinio library collection account using the library’s Zinio site. (Don’t use the app yet.)
3. Install the Zinio app on your mobile device.
Android, iPad/iPod/iPhone, Kindle Fire, Blackberry Playbook
FREE E-MATERIALS FOR EVERYONE
For our reciprocal borrowers and anyone else looking for free and/or cheap e-materials, click on the links below for sites offering free eBooks, audiobooks and other e-materials.
- HML’s Free eBook Resources List (over 20 different websites with free e-materials)
Websites with free eBooks and audiobooks:
- LibriVox – Similar to Wikipedia, only with audiobooks, volunteers read and record books in the public domain. They offer 4,000 audiobooks and 60-100 new titles are added each month.
- Feedbooks – High-quality public domain fiction and nonfiction titles plus new authors in a variety of formats - ePub, PDF, MobiPocket/Kindle. Nicely laid out site also lets readers leave or read reviews.
- Pdfbooks – Classics and unpublished fiction and nonfiction in pdf and mobi-pdf format. Titles can be searched or browsed by author.