View full copies of your favorite magazine! You’ll see the same print magazine that is available in the store with some added features like video, audio, and live links. Enjoy unlimited simultaneous access to any magazine – so no waiting! Download magazines to your favorite device to read offline or read while streaming. Note: Magazines from Zinio require two accounts: Zinio library account & Zinio reader account. Select magazines from the Zinio Library Account. Read magazines in the Zinio reader account. eBook Readers without a browser are not compatible. You will need:
- A computer or mobile device with the Zinio app installed
- An Effingham Public Library card number
- An email address
Step A: Create a Zinio reader account using your browser. (Don’t use the app yet.)
1. Go to www.zinio.com
2. Click Register to create your Zinio account and enter the required information.
- Use this account to view your magazines.
- If you already have a Zinio account, you can proceed to step B.
- **Be sure that the email you use in this account is the same as in step B.**
Step B: Create a Zinio library collection account using the library’s Zinio site.
1. Go to www.effinghamlibrary.org and click on the Zinio icon using your browser. (Don’t use the app yet.)
2. Click Create New Account.
3. Enter your library card number and click next.
4. Create an account using the same email address as in step A.
- This is where you will choose which magazines you wish to download or stream.
Install the Zinio app on your mobile device or iPhone. (You do not need a mobile device to access your magazines. You may also read them from your computer or laptop.)
2. Open the app and tap the settings icon.
3. Sign in with your email address and password.
Select a Magazine
1. Go to www.effinghamlibrary.org and click on the Zinio icon.
2. Click on a magazine that you wish to read.
3. Log in with your email address and password.
4. Click Complete Checkout to add the item to your Zinio library collection account. It will then take you to the Zinio reader sign in page at www.zinio.com. If you want to select another magazine, return to the Zinio library collection to select another item.
Read on a computer or laptop – Sign into the Zinio Reader
1. Go to www.zinio.com, or if you are already in the Zinio library collection account, click on Go To My Checked-Out Magazines.
2. Log into your Zinio reader account by clicking sign in.
3. Click on Your Library at the top to see the items you previously added to your Zinio library collection account.
4. Click on a magazine that you have selected to open.
5. Use the buttons at the bottom to view your magazine.
To read using a mobile device – Sign into the Zinio app on your mobile device
1. Open the Zinio app on your mobile device
2. Magazines with a down arrow may be downloaded by clicking on the arrow. (You must be connected to wi-fi to download the magazine)
3. When the magazine has finished downloading, you may view it offline, but only magazines that have been downloaded through the app can be read offline. (If you don’t see the magazine you’ve chosen, sign out of your app and sign back in.)
4. To remove a magazine from your app, click on the edit button. Click remove and then select the item you wish to remove from your app.
Remove a magazine from your Zinio reader account
1. Go to www.zinio.com
2. Log in with your email address and password.
4. Click on Your Library to see your items.
5. Click edit your reading list.
6. Click on the red X to delete the item from your collection.
If you need assistance, please contact a library staff member at 217-342-2464 x3 or visit the information desk with your device. Click here for printable instructions.