Step A. Download the Overdrive Media Console App to your device.
- Nook Color, Nook HD and HD+:Â Download the free Overdrive MediaÂ Console app atÂ Barnes & Noble Nook App store.
- iPads, iPhones and iPod Touch: Download the free Overdrive Media Console app at the iTunes App store for EPUB books and mp3 audiobooks; download the free Kindle app for Kindle ebooks.
- Kindle Fire and Kindle Fire HD: Download Overdrive Media Console app at Amazon App Store for EPUB books and mp3 audiobooks. For Kindle books, read the instructions for Kindle.
- Android-based phones and tablets (such as Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Galaxy Tab 2, Microsoft Surface): Download the free Overdrive Media Console at Google Play Store for EPUB books and mp3 audiobooks. For Kindle books, download the Kindle app.
Step B. Creating an Adobe ID and Password
- If you already have an Adobe ID and password, enter it here to authorize your device. If not, please follow the directions below:
Touch the â€œGet Adobe IDâ€ button at the bottom. Safari will open, and you will be taken to Adobeâ€™s website. Touch on â€œSign Inâ€ on the upper right of the page. Touch â€œCreate an Adobe Account.â€ You will be taken to a page where you are asked to supply some information to create an account. This is a secure site, but Adobe is not affiliated with Effingham Public Library. Please fill in the required fields indicated with a red asterisk. When finished, touch â€œContinueâ€ at the bottom of the page. Exit Safari, open Overdrive Media Console app and enter your Adobe ID and password. Â This is a one-time step that will authorize your device to work with Overdrive. Step C. How to Access Library Materials
- Open the Overdrive app.
- Choose Get Books + at the bottom left. Touch Add a Website at the top. Search and select Effingham Public Library . Then select the Digital Downloads.
- Touch Login in the top right. At the login screen, select Effingham Public Library at the bottom.
- At the next screen, enter your library card number. Touch Login.Â
- Browse or Search as you would on a computer for titles in the Adobe EPUB ebook format.
- Once youâ€™ve found an item that youâ€™d like (and thatâ€™s available â€“ i.e. Available copies â‰¥ 1), Choose Add to Bookbag.
- On the My Bookbag screen, choose Proceed to Checkout.
- Touch Confirm Checkout at the bottom of the next screen.
- Touch Download. This opens OverDrive Media Console. Select Download Now if prompted.
- The MP3 or EPUB will be downloaded directly to OverDrive Media Console.
- To return a book early- in the window where you see your titles: Edit>red circle>Delete>Return and Delete.
Kindle App: Step A.Â Installing the Kindle App
- Go to the app store affliated with your device and search for â€œKindle Appâ€. Select Kindle App.
- Touch the â€œFreeâ€ button on the right hand side and it will change to â€œInstallâ€.
- Touch â€œInstallâ€.
Step B. How to Access Library Materials First, using a computer with an Internet connection:
- Visit the Library on the Go! section at effinghamlibrary.org or go to www.libraryonthego.com
- Browse for digital titles with the Kindle Book format
- Click Add to Bookbag (Place a Hold means the digital copy is currently checked out, but places a hold on item for when item it is available)
- Click Proceed to Checkout
- Select Effingham Public Library from the Library drop down menu
- Enter your library card number in the box and click Login
- Click on Confirm Checkout. Here you will also have the option to change lending period to 14 days.
- Select the Get for Kindle button that displays with your book; you will then be directed to the Amazon website.
- Sign in to your Amazon account (or create one if needed)
- Choose your Kindle device in the Deliver to: drop down menu
- Open the Kindle App on your device and your book will sync automatically and be stored on the Home screen within the Kindle App.
- To return a Kindle book early
- On a PC connected to the Internet, visit amazon.com/manageyourkindle
- Under Your Kindle Library, find the book you want to return
- Click the Actions button for the book you want to return
- Choose Return this Book
- If you want to delete the title from your Kindle library, then choose Delete from Library